We Are Saying Goodbye to Summer and Hello to Healthy Hair!
As the vibrant hues of summer make way for the golden tones of fall, you’ll notice that your hair craves a little extra love and attention. Now is the time to address the aftermath of a sun-soaked season, combating all the UV rays, high humidity, and pool chlorine on your locks. We’ll guide you through the process of saying goodbye to common summer stressors and welcoming fall with rejuvenated hair. And remember, when it comes to hair care, let’s put away the kitchen condiments—hint: ketchup is not the answer to treating your blonde hair from that green hue it can pull from the pool! The acidic level can actually cause more damage, so leave it to us to remove those green tones.
Here’s Why Your Locks Need a Little Extra TLC After Summer
- Prolonged sun exposure and color fading– for those with colored hair, the sun accelerates color fading leaving locks looking lackluster and dull.
- UV damage and weakened hair structure– UV rays penetrate your hair’s core, weakening its protein structure and compromising its overall strength.
- Dehydration and brittle strands– the sun’s heat dehydrates and pulls your natural moisture leaving your hair brittle and prone to damage.
- Poolside– while pool dips are summer staples, the chlorine can wreak havoc on your locks, stripping away natural oils and leaving them fragile. To our blondes, you’ll notice your beautiful hair turn into a green hue because pools often contain copper compounds. These compounds attach to the hair cuticle and then oxidize into a green tint. We can professionally remove copper, iron minerals and residue from your hair.
- Humidity– high humidity levels can turn even the most smooth hair into a frizz frenzy, especially for those with natural waves or curls.
Optimal Season for a Fresh Start
Now is the time to adopt a routine and commit to it! Overhaul your products, and ask yourself if your products are still giving your hair what it actually needs. If you feel lost or overwhelmed with your products, stop by in and we can help you! We also recommend bringing your products with you to your next appointment, or taking a picture of what you use so our stylists can review, and recommend the products you need. Sometimes all you need is for the stylist to review how to properly apply and style the product in your hair to complete your look.
Here are our favorite ways to get your hair back to its glory! You’ll want to take note and follow this list.
- Fresh Trim– schedule a haircut to get rid of frayed ends. Even a 1 inch trim breathes new life into your locks.
- Nourish Your Roots– begin a weekly scalp detox to clear away summer residue. It is essential for fuller, thicker hair, improving hair growth, reducing dryness and itchiness, and ultimately rebalances your scalp.
- Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner- switch to hydrating products to counteract sun, salt, and chlorine damage. You’ll need products that will replenish essential nutrients that will leave your hair supple and soft.
- Indulge in Conditioning Masks– treat your hair to a creamy conditioning mask weekly that will replenish lost moisture, seal broken ends and protect against further breakage.
- Restore Color and Vibrancy– it is the best time to refresh your color or have a toner treatment to revive those strands. A new color or treatment will bring back that natural bounce, shine and vibrancy that you love.
- Minimize Heat Styling- reduce heat styling frequency & add a heat protection serum for all your heat styling days. We carry professional heat styling tools that are temperature controlled so they will not cause further damage to your hair.
- Scalp Massage- stimulate follicles and improve circulation to help with overall scalp health and product absorption.
- Avoid Tight Ponytails– opt for loose styles over high ponytails to prevent breakage and scalp stress.
At Studio Be Salon, we have a range of professional products designed to enhance and maintain the health of your hair. Here’s a glimpse of what our product line can do for you:
- Paul Mitchell Pro Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intensive Treatment– rebuilds and repairs damaged hair, leaving it smooth and fortified.
- Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil– luxurious and works wonders on dry, damaged and color-treated hair.
- R+Co Waterfall Moisture + Shine Lotion: lightweight and hydrating, it tames frizz and delivers a gorgeous healthy shine.
- Refuge Hydrate + Balance system– replenishes much needed moisture to fight frizz, boost shine, mend split ends, protect your hair against UV and pollution.
- Surface Awaken Therapeutic Shampoo-gentle yet effective, it stimulates the scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
Our stylist would love to get your hair refreshed and on the journey to health after a sun-soaked summer. Reserve your appointment online or call (970) 416-0400 to get you ready for fall. Remember, let’s leave the ketchup in the kitchen!