- Use a boar bristle or wet brush daily to remove any knots or tangles.
- Gather the hair into a ponytail and securely hold close to the scalp. Begin brushing from the ends, carefully working your way up toward the scalp.
- Brushing your hair before it gets wet will keep the hair from tangling while washing.
- Brush extensions thoroughly before washing to remove any tangles.
- Now that your hair is thicker, you may decide to divide the hair into two sections on either side of the head to wash or multiple ponytails and wash section-by-section.
- Use a sulfate-free and paraben-free shampoo
- Begin at the scalp and massage shampoo into hair using a “Z” formation. Do not use a circular motion or flip head upside down as this causes tangles.
- Part hair and rinse all the way to the scalp. If you used the ponytail method to section hair, rinse one at a time. Follow up with a final rinse.
- Use a sulfate-free and paraben-free conditioner.
- Apply conditioner from mid-shaft down to the tips of your hair and leave on for 2-3 minutes. NOTE: Adding conditioner at or near the point of attachment may lead to sliding out.
- Rinse completely.
- Towel or air-dry your hair as much as possible before using a blow dryer.
- The use of leave-in conditioners, heat protectants, as well as treatment oils from mid-shaft to ends is recommended to protect your extensions.
- Using a blow dryer, rough-dry the hair.
- Starting at the ends and working your way up toward the scalp, round brush the hair.
- Be sure to dry point of attachment thoroughly.
- BELLAMI Hair Extensions are safe to use with thermal tools like curling wands, flat irons, etc.
- Temperature settings depends on your natural hair. You may use between 270 F – 450 F on your extensions as long as proper heat protectants are applied before styling.
- Use professional grade products recommended by your Stylist to maintain the health of your natural hair and extensions.
- Brush hair gently and loosely braid before sleeping.
- Do not go to bed with wet hair as it can cause tangling close to the scalp. If this occurs, schedule an appointment with your stylist to remove immediately.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO COLOR YOUR EXTENSIONS AT HOME. Please consult your certified Stylist for all color services and inquiries.
- Avoid use of chemical based sunscreens as this can discolor the hair. Please use mineral based sunscreens only.
- Before swimming, wet. your hair with fresh tap water and apply a small amount of leave-in conditioner to the ends.
- Tie in a loose ponytail or braid.
- Once you are finished swimming, rinse the extensions with fresh water and spray with leave-in conditioner.